[Vision2020] Winter Solstice 2011

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Tue Dec 13 15:03:22 PST 2011

City of Moscow
Arts Department
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: DJ Scallorn, Art Assistant
p     |  208.883.7036
e     |   dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/art/

PRESS RELEASE
Title:  Winter Solstice 2011

December  13, 2011 - Join us for the 10th Annual Winter Solstice Exhibit at the Third Street Gallery.

The exhibit will run through January 20, 2012.

Artists participating this year are: Nina Blumenfeld, Nancy Bowman, Becky Chastain, Yolanda Cheng, Katherine Clancy, Peg Conrad, Doug Davidson, Erin Dawson, Cathy George, Bonnie Griffith, Tamara Helm, Theresa Henson, Monica E. Hulubei, Bobbie Kelly, Flip Kleffner, Robert Long, Rene Mattoon, Jan Fontecchio Perley, Tracy Randall, Nancy Savage, Terri Schmidt, Carrie Scozzaro, Andy Sewell, Don Sorensen, and Bill Voxman.

Meet the Winter Solstice 2011 featured Artist of the Week: Bonnie Griffith. Bonnie is a landscape artist from Walla Walla, Washington who mostly works in the media of pastel. This rich pigment medium allows her to create paintings that have the brilliance and the bold color we see in the landscapes of the western United Sates.

Basically self-taught, Bonnie experimented with a variety of mediums over time before realizing that pastels allow her to make the statement she wanted to make. "They [pastels] allow me to bring depth and texture, light and mood into a painting. My goal is to create paintings that draw the viewer into the painting; to experience the time of day, the temperature, the sound, the smells," says Bonnie.

Bonnie's pastels titled: "Who's There?", "Twilight Tracks", and "Winter Color" can be seen at the Third Street Gallery Exhibit Winter Solstice 2011 at Moscow City Hall.

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CCB9A4.EE58BDB0]

Pictured above: Bonnie Griffith, "Who's There", Pastel

Third Street Gallery is located at 206 E. Third Street, Moscow ID.
Hours are M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm.

For more information:
dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
208-883-7036
http://www.moscow.id.us/art/gallery.aspx

Artwork Featured On Card Front (Left to Right):

Nancy Savage, "A Season of Wonder", Multi Media

Robert Long, "Snow Squall", Photograph

Yolanda Cheng, "Palm Blossom in Winter", Traditional Chinese Art

Jan Fontecchio Perley, "Winter Pintail", Pastel

###

Story Contact: DJ Scallorn
Phone: 208.883.7036
Email: dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.