[Vision2020] roger please supply facts to back up your emails.

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Aug 8 12:45:34 PDT 2011

Not sure what Roger would recommend in defense cuts, but lets start
with closing the military academies. $325,000.00 per year, per
student?  Hell, lets just send the students to Harvard,  Stanford,
MIT, etc.
A better education AND it doesn't  perpetuate a "military officer
class".   And how much of the "defense" budget is spent on NCAA
activities at the academies? That's a great expenditure of defense
dollars-NOT!

The country was never intended to have a large standing army as we do
today. And for what? We can't even secure our own borders!  A recent
example of this is the incursion into the US by the Mexican Air
Force!   We can't stop the Mexican Air Force, why do we think  we can
stop border crossers or smugglers?

And no one has ever answered where was the so called "professional
military" on 9/10 and 9/11?  Asleep at the switch and what was the
result?  Was ANYONE at the Department of DEFENSE fired? NO!
All that happened is that we now have an internal security apparatus,
The Department of Homeland Security. Well, if the DEFENSE  department
isn't responsible for DEFENSE, what are we paying for?

IF we "need" a large army to go off and fight in foreign countries
(with the support and consent of CONGRESS and the PEOPLE), then a
large foreign expeditionary force can be created, trained, and deployed.
Is it just a historical accident that BEFORE there was a Department of
Defense, we actually used to WIN wars? The Department of Defense is a
costly experiment who's time to depart is long past. We now have more
military bureaucrats and contractors than we did at the end of WW2,
when we had some 7 million men and women in uniform!

THATS a good place to start with government cut backs.