[Vision2020] Rep. Trail Should Switch Parties

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Apr 2 13:43:33 PDT 2011

My apologies to Judy Brown and her supporters.  Judy certainly has the
people of Idaho's 6th district at heart.  It's just that she has gone
head-to-head against a well established and very moderate legislator who
also has the people of Idaho's 6th at heart.

Again, my apologies for my flippant reference.

Tom Hansen
Moscow

On Sat, April 2, 2011 1:20 pm, Tom Hansen wrote:
> I agree with Bill.
>
> In a closed primary election I am afraid that Tom Trail would lose to a
> right-wing fringe Tea partier.
>
> Like Bill suggests, look what happened to Schroeder, although Bouma went
> on to lose to a new-face freshman Democrat, Dan Schmidt.
>
> I feel that Tom Trail stands a better chance head-to-head against a Tea
> parier in a general election.
>
> The Tea Party may put Bouma up against Trail in the primary election and
> up against Judy Brown in the general election.
>
> And . . . unless the Republicans link Shirley Ringo to some
> Mexican/Columbian drug cartel subsidized by a Chinese slave trade
> organization, she'll be in office to administer the oath of office to her
> grandchildren.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Tom Hansen
> Moscow, Idaho
>

> On Sat, April 2, 2011 1:01 pm, Joe Campbell wrote:
>> Good letter but I disagree. I think a large part of the reason that
>> Schroeder lost is that he plays dirty politics. The folks that will put
>> up
>> with that crap are the radical right wingers who ultimately want someone
>> more radical and right wing than Schroeder. I don't think Tom is in the
>> same
>> boat. His  constituency consists of moderates and progressives.
>>
>> But I could be wrong! Bill is a wiser man than I am! I guess the
>> question
>> is
>> whether there are enough moderates left in the local Republican party.
>> What
>> do others think?

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."