[Vision2020] Rep. Trail Should Switch Parties

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat Apr 2 13:36:06 PDT 2011

On Saturday 02 April 2011 13:01:00 Joe Campbell wrote:
> Good letter but I disagree. I think a large part of the reason that
> Schroeder lost is that he plays dirty politics. The folks that will put up
> with that crap are the radical right wingers who ultimately want someone
> more radical and right wing than Schroeder. I don't think Tom is in the
> same boat. His  constituency consists of moderates and progressives.
>
> But I could be wrong! Bill is a wiser man than I am! I guess the question
> is whether there are enough moderates left in the local Republican party.
> What do others think?

I think legislators should be evaluated by voters on the basis of the actions
they and the legislators with whom they vote take rather than labels assigned
to, or suggested by, them.

I suspect that Idaho District 6 voters would be better-served by someone with
access inside of the majority caucus rather than by someone required to remain
outside of the caucus.

Ken