[Vision2020] Ain't It Ironic . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 1 11:17:13 PDT 2010

Anti-Health Care Reform bankrollers of the Tea Parties apply for . . . . . .
. Federal funds from . . . . . . new government entitlement program created
under . . . . . . Health Care Reform.

Courtesy of "Think Progress" at:

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/08/31/koch-earlyretiree/

----

Koch Industries Applies For Federal Funds From Health Care Law It Opposes

Today, the Department of Health and Human Services announced the "first
round of applicants accepted into the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program," a
$5 billion program established by the new health care law to help employers
and states "maintain coverage for early retirees age 55 and older who are
not yet eligible for Medicare." According to the agency, "nearly 2,000
employers, representing large and small businesses, State and local
governments, educational institutions, non-profits, and unions" applied and
have been accepted into the program and "will begin to receive
reimbursements for employee claims this fall."

Ironically, one of those employers is the oil, chemicals, and manufacturing
conglomerate Koch Industries, which as Lee Fang has reported, has also spent
millions of dollars opposing reform.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/provisions/retirement/states/ks.html

----

You just can't make this stuff up.

Tom "Thank God for Tri-Care (a government health care program)" Hansen

Moscow, Idaho

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with
Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his
bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of
productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a
system is downright evil."

- Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care
reform plan, Aug. 7, 2009