[Vision2020] Head's Up: Sheriff's Office

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 31 01:41:10 PDT 2010

[NOTE:  to anyone responding, please note that I've added LCSO detectives as
a cc recipient of this email, so you may want to remove it when responding -
I want to make it as easy as possible for Detective Anderson to follow my
V2020 postings.  I'll leave it up to Detective Anderson to forward as he
thinks appropriate.]

Hi Darrell,

Hold onto your seat, but I happen to agree with you that LSCO doesn't owe me
an apology.

However, please allow me to make a couple of points.

First, if the LCSO's "intelligence" shows me as a suspect nearly two weeks
after PostcardGate, then the investigation is doomed.  Seriously.  I'm a
law-abiding citizen who has never hesitated to own my statements, opinions,
and actions, or to respond to inquiries.  I have willingly cooperated with
LE whenever asked and whenever I've had any information I've thought could
be helpful.

Whatever "intelligence" LCSO is relying on that gave them any reason to
think of me as a suspect is . . . well . . . suspect.  I can only hope that
they'll look very, very closely at the source of that "intelligence" and at
the potential motive(s) for sending LCSO down a rabbit hole.  If not, then
my tax dollars are being wasted.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that the quality of "intelligence" is so very
poor.  My personal opinion is that PostcardGate won't be solved because
solving it would be embarrassing to certain fringe elements in this
community, a fact I suspect even the sheriff has started to recognize.  May
as well return that Reward money to donors now:  Election Day will be over
in fewer than 72 hours, and this "priority investigation" will rapidly cease
to be a priority investigation, particularly when considering the
Embarrassment Factor.

Second, if I'm misunderstanding my status as a suspect & Detective Anderson
was genuinely seeking assistance, I'll say that I grew up - thanks to my
grandmamma -- knowing that you'll catch more flies with honey than with
vinegar.  Not calling in advance is rude enough, but rousting me out of bed
is beyond the pale.

Third, surely you're not satisfied with the level of professionalism of the
LCSO when detectives show up without uniforms & badges or even business
cards?!  As a taxpayer who pays a full share of taxes (unlike sham entities
who take advantage of a partial or full free rides), I'm shockingly
disappointed at this lack of professionalism.  I've been a member of this
community long enough to remember when the LCSO had a degree of
professionalism that's seemingly absent now.  I'm not faulting Detective
Anderson because this kind of direction should be coming from the top, and
it's clearly not, but hey - people get what they vote for.

Perhaps accounts such as mine will make reasonable people think.  I hope so,
because I think it's crazy out-of-control when an innocent person like
myself can be rousted out of her bed.

Please, think about that for a moment:  there's absolutely no credible
evidence that I had anything at all to do with PostcardGate because not only
didn't I have anything to do with it, I don't have any knowledge of the
moron who did it.

Yet, I was unreasonably rousted out of bed.  If it can happen to me -
someone who has a long history of taking responsibility for what I say & do
- it can happen to you.  And to any other member of this community.

If that doesn't give you pause, then God forgive you.

Finally, you wrote:

"I regret that Saundra had to be awoken, but it doesn't sound like they
stopped by at an unreasonable time."

This is a nit, but how do you know that???

JMHO,

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****