[Vision2020] Curiosity Question

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 16:42:16 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Joe Campbell <philosopher.joe at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm happy for you that the fact that at least two radical rightwing
> churches, ones who continually disrespect and even threaten people who
> have alternative world views, exist in Moscow; that one of them ran a
> candidate for political office, hoping to extend their narrow, bigoted
> views.

I'm going to assume that the above incomplete sentence was intended to say
something along the lines that the radical rightwing churches don't bother
me.  Again, you are reading more into my note than I actually said.  You
have no idea what I think of them.  All you know is that I didn't think we
needed to bring Christ Church into Tom's church list question.  That comment
was followed by Tom himself saying something very similar in a follow-up
note.  I am perfectly happy that you are interested in these two churches.
 Just because something is not a topic I pursue vociferously does not mean
others shouldn't.  Unfortunately, this listserv seems like a one note
instrument when almost everything is linked to that same topic.

As to any new remarks made by NSA-how are they breaking news?  Are they
breaking with previous pronouncements?  You (and others) find their beliefs
and stances repugnant.  Nothing new there.  If the dog has always smelled,
why keep talking about it if that is all the action you plan to take?

I do find it interesting how you feel free to make accusations about me but
are unwilling/able to back them up when pressed (Too summarize for our
viewership you have made four unproven/untrue accusations about me:  1.  I
am unconcerned about these local churches.  2. I have criticized people that
are.  3.  I am only concerned about threatening remarks made about
Christians.  4.  I am a Christian-I'll concede this point, I'm a
Protestant.).  That's a lot of unwarranted assumptions you make about me.
 We all know what happens when you ass-u-me.  Doesn't lead credence to your
other discussion points.  I hope for better use of argumentation and logic
from a philosopher with such an awesome name.

I've told you how I stand up for what I'm concerned about.  I volunteer
and/or work for agencies that make a difference.  Do you do anything other
than write and talk?  Nott meant as a jab.  I really am curious, and suspect
others on v2020 are too.  I know it means more to me when someone combines
their talk with action.  As an aside, I am currently reading a bio of Irish
hunger striker Bobby Sands.  What a guy!  He REALLY walked the talk.