[Vision2020] The 2008 Legislature and SB1427 - When Idaho Gave a Damn

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 15:09:42 PDT 2010

That is an interesting question. How do you prove that you're the person referred to in the documents? Look at the number of people who got passports from a deceased person's birth certificate. There's no biometric data on driver's licenses (DL), SS Cards, or the US passport card, except for height, weight, & hair and eye color on the DL. Even the new "Biometric Passports" that the US is issuing have only an encoded picture and physical description. They're depending on facial recognition software to match the picture to the person. The EU is adding fingerprint info to theirs as well. Of course, privacy advocates are freaking out, particularly since the info is stored on an RFID chip, and could theoretically be stolen.

The FBI has my fingerprints on file, but who knows how long it would take to access them.

I hate to think that I actually resemble  my DL & passport photos, and they could be matched to me.

Ron Force
Moscow ID USA