[Vision2020] Say What? Schwarzenegger

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 13 12:13:28 PDT 2010

Glenn Shwaller stated:

"I'm getting a bit tired of the rhetoric surrounding the "need for
unskilled laborers to do the jobs Americans don't want to do."  To portray
immigrants as simply those who will fill a niche not even the lowliest of
American will fill is more dismissive and racial than any law dealing will
illegal acts."

In my opinion, the problem is not with those who illegally cross the
borders into the USofA, as much as it is with those who make such an
illegal expedition appealing . . . the employers.

To "cure" this problem, the USofA should force, and enforce, the employers
to pay the legally established minimum wage in their respective state,
requiring these employers to hire legally recognized citizens.

Realizing that these employers are not likely to adhere to such
requirements (impacting adversely on their financial bottom-line), coupled
with extreme doubt that USofA citizens are not likely to accept employment
where their "under the table" wages would be far, far below minimum wage,
the last thing the employers would seek is deportation of their labor
force.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown