[Vision2020] UI's Security Force (local or private?)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 16 13:08:36 PDT 2010

I do not feel that the city of Moscow is obligated, in any fashion, to
provide security to the UI campus.

Last time I checked, the University of Idaho is located on state property.
 As such, the Board of Regents of the University of Idaho may hire pretty
much whomever they damn well please.

Please do not consider my flippant comment, above, as any endorsement
whatsoever for the Board of Regents in this matter.

It is my firm opinion that maintaining a contract with the local police
department, fire department, and ambulance service is a win-win for both
the UI and the city of Moscow.

In the absence of any such relationship may lead to a slippery slope
nobody can foresee.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown