[Vision2020] What happened to the predicted assault on the2ndamendment?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Mar 16 13:00:30 PDT 2010

Garrett / Dan,

I too would like to hear about what you'd like to discuss.  I may  or
may not agree with you on the topics, but you, as well as even some of
the intellectually challenged  that post on the Vis have a right to
say it.

If, as stated by Tom, one of the issues is a University of Idaho
police department, I'd be interested in that topic for a number of
reasons. For instance, would it be a "for profit"  contractor? Would
it be a state police agency similar to what WSU has?  How much would
the city save by not being the University's police department? What
would their authority be?  Would they be police officers or  security
guards? What about mutual aid to and from the local agencies?  It is
my understanding that the City has "bid" on the contract, has the
Sheriff's Department?  Plus, aside from what ever  "private security"
functions the police department provides to the university, if any,
isn't  the police department obliged to police the University anyway
just by virtue of it being in the city without any kind of contract
for monetary offset?

Just curious