[Vision2020] What happened to the predicted assault on the2ndamendment?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 16 12:35:03 PDT 2010

After conferring with Dan "The Area Man" Carscallen off list.

His concern, as it should be the concern of each of us . . .

Due to fiscal hardships, the University of Idaho is considering hiring a
private security force for the UI campus.

In Dan's opinion, as well as mine, this would be a MAJOR mistake.  Dan
suggests, and I agree, that displacing the MPD from the UI campus and
replacing them with a private security force would harm the "town/gown"
relationship (as Dan so eloquently states) between UI and Moscow, not to
mention potential unforeseen problems that could arise (with limited
accountability).

If anybody has access to any information concerning this issue, PLEASE
post it and/or provide it to me offlist.

Thanks, guys.

"Urgent and Important" don't begin to describe the priority that should be
assigned to this issue.