[Vision2020] Idaho Shame: Private Contractors, ICC, and CCA

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 13 11:27:06 PST 2010

Visionaries:

Based on previous comments, I'm well-aware that some here don't give a rip
about society's obligation to those we incarcerate.  So, those folks may as
well delete this post right now.

For the rest of us, many/most are probably aware of widespread abuses by
PCS's (private security contractors) hired by the government (i.e.,
Blackwater-cum-Xe; CACI, Titan, etc.).

However, how many of were aware of gross abuses happening right here in
Idaho?

Thursday, the ACLU "filed a class action federal lawsuit charging that
officials at the Idaho Correctional Center (ICC) promote and facilitate a
culture of rampant violence that has led to carnage and suffering among
prisoners at the state-owned facility operated by the for-profit company
Corrections Corporation of America (CCA)."

For those interested in learning what we-the-people of the State of Idaho
are calling "justice" right here at home, you can read more here:
http://www.aclu.org/prisoners-rights/aclu-lawsuit-charges-idaho-prison-offic
ials-promote-rampant-violence
OR
http://tinyurl.com/ACLU-ICC-CCA

And, if you have the stomach for it and want to understand . . . *really*
understand the role of for-profit CCA in this shame, please read the
complaint itself:
http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/2010-3-11-Riggs-SecondAmendedComplaint.pdf

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****