[Vision2020] Teabaggers

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2008 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 06:53:24 PST 2010

"Arnie believes that the Democrats were pro-segregation and the Republicans
were anti-Vietnam back in the 60s and 70s." --Sgt. Hamster

I suppose the following Democrats and laws were figments of my imagination or perhaps The Hamster believes the KKK was not a racist movement.

Jim Crow Laws
Senator Robert Byrd
Hugo Black
Senator Strom Thurmond
Gov. George Corley Wallace, Jr.
Senator Ernest Hollings
Richard Russell, Jr.
James Eastland
John Stenni
Jesse Helms

Recently, Democrats have been better at not being bigoted toward Blacks, Gays, Women, and minorities. But that is only a general rule, not applicable in every case.

Nixon and Ford ended the Vietnam War, both Republicans. JFK and Johnson escalated it. So indeed, the parties have switched positions since the 1960s. In fact, many people switched political parties after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed.

Your Friend,

Donovan Arnold