[Vision2020] the whole tea party thing

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Tue Mar 9 18:51:11 PST 2010

I can't help but feel confused by Dan's worry about the use of what some think are childish terms.

Afterall, Dan wrote on the viz that he thought it was funny when Councilman Ament said "Now I'm going to squash your rights" to me during my testimony regarding the noise ordinance after a somewhat confrontational response to my comments.

So Dan will laugh at childish comments during an official meeting from an elected official to a constituent, but the term tea bagger is more offensive and deserves criticism.

Yes, I took it personally at the time and did not think it was funny.

I wonder why the hypocrisy.  Perhaps Dan is a tea bagger and feels offended as well.  I suppose we should all be more sensitive to others feelings.

Perhaps everything really is relative...

Garrett Clevenger

For those who really give a teabag here is that exchange from the viz archives:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2007-November/049888.html

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2007-November/049891.html

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2007-November/049901.html