[Vision2020] Noise Ordinance Admin Meeting

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Nov 14 11:47:01 PST 2007

Garrett, you say:
". . . do you think it is appropriate for [Ament] to use his platform as
chair of the Admin committee to be telling people testifying,

'I'm going to squash your rights'."

I believe Ament was making an attempt at humor, which I saw and
chuckled, but maybe you took more seriously than it was meant.  If you
will also recall, Lambert was having issue with his cell phone, and
Ament said, in jest, "you are being annoying", or something to that
effect, since that was the topic at hand.

Public officials have to give as many people as they can a chance to
speak, and this was not a "public hearing", per se, so he may not have
had to allow any public testimony whatsoever.  But, I believe Ament was
thinking "There are a lot of people here today, so we don't want to let
one person monopolize the discussion."  I hope you can agree with that.

DC