[Vision2020] the whole tea party thing

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Mar 9 18:15:10 PST 2010

After Nick's retelling of Tea Partiers reading from the Gospel of Matthew as a preamble to another absurd, not to mention tiresome, call for the President's birth certificate, and Tea Party sweetheart Sarah Palin's explaining that she and God both use palm-inscribed crib notes, I'm relieved to read something intelligent.  Thanks, Dan.

When the whole Tea Party movement hit the national stage, we on the Vizz debated the term "teabaggers," which, actually, I had not ever heard before.  Turns out it's, ummmm, icky.  And rude.  Which makes it a perfect pejorative, and I agree with Dan that we ought to be able to discuss the movement without resorting to such . . . ummmm . . . naked ad-hominens.

There's enough in the movement to object to, and enough bad behavior on the part of some of its adherents to earn them scorn.  But I think Dan makes a good point.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com