[Vision2020] the whole tea party thing

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 9 15:49:22 PST 2010

Initially, when it considered itself to be a "grassroots movement" and
before it acquired political momentum, people of the Tea Party considered
themselves to be "tea baggers".

The concept of "tea bagging" was discussed on both "Countdown with Keith
Olbermann" and the Rachel Maddow Show.  It turns out that the term "tea
bagging" has some rather extremely perverse sexual connotations related to
it.

I know . . . I know . . . I know, Roger.  One person's "extremely perverse
sexual connotation" is another person's Wednesday afternoon coffee break.

Thus, tea baggers evolved into the Tea Party movement.

> Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the term "tea baggers" seem a bit childish
> and petty?  Sounds like something I'd hear from a bunch of Jr. High kids
> or
> fraternity dinks (no offense meant to those non-dink fraternity members).
>
> I cringe every time I see it used, because -- to me -- it seems that while
> trying to insult the tea party movement as a whole, the person using the
> term is stooping to a lowly ad hominem attack, trying to minimize the tea
> party message by using such a euphemism to describe the whole movement.
>
> I'd think the educated and enlightened masses that partake of the Vizzz
> wouldn't stoop to such a level.
>
> Again, maybe it's just me, but words mean things.
>
> (of course, someone will come up with the reciprocal version used by the
> "other" side, and I'll tell ya, I don't like that either)
>
> Your pal
>
> DC

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."