[Vision2020] the whole tea party thing

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Mar 9 15:28:04 PST 2010

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the term "tea baggers" seem a bit childish
and petty?  Sounds like something I'd hear from a bunch of Jr. High kids or
fraternity dinks (no offense meant to those non-dink fraternity members).

I cringe every time I see it used, because -- to me -- it seems that while
trying to insult the tea party movement as a whole, the person using the
term is stooping to a lowly ad hominem attack, trying to minimize the tea
party message by using such a euphemism to describe the whole movement.

I'd think the educated and enlightened masses that partake of the Vizzz
wouldn't stoop to such a level.

Again, maybe it's just me, but words mean things.

(of course, someone will come up with the reciprocal version used by the
"other" side, and I'll tell ya, I don't like that either)

Your pal

DC