[Vision2020] Record Warm Temps In Edmonton

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:44:08 PST 2010

Most of the Northern Hemisphere is ocean, not land.  Therefore for most of
the northern hemisphere to be experiencing the weather you indicate was
happening, you would have to provide data on weather over the
Atlantic, Pacific, Indian and Arctic oceans, et. al.

I continue to be amazed at how often public discussion of anthropogenic
climate warming focus on the 30 percent of global area covered by land, as
though this mostly sums up global climate, while little data on what is
happening in the 70 percent of global area covered by oceans is given.  All
of the land masses on Earth could be experiencing colder than historical
average weather, while the oceans are experiencing warmer than historical
average weather, in sum resulting in a warmer than average global climate.
I am not saying this extreme event separating land and ocean could happen,
but only pointing out that what happens over and in the oceans is more than
double the Earth's climate that occurs over land masses.

I suppose it is understandable that people focus on the weather where they
live on land as though it defines our planet.  But it mostly does not.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett