[Vision2020] NSIDC: 2010 Arctic Sea Ice Decline Highest for Month of May During Satellite Record.

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:49:19 PDT 2010

Though I indicated I was done for the day, given my four posts already, an
error in the following post should be corrected.

These estimates on climate sensitivity from Barton Paul Levenson are not
"all over the board," as you wrote.  Not one indicates a reduction in
temperature from a doubling of atmospheric CO2.  .If they were "all over the
board" some would show negative feedback(s) that more than overcome the
radiative forcing of CO2, resulting in a temperature reduction.  These
studies all show temperature increases from doubling atmospheric CO2.

Also, I study the skeptical scientific theories on anthropogenic climate
change, and have presented many of them to Vision2020 (Pielke,
Lindzen, Easterbrook, et. al.)  Why you think I need to be reminded there
are skeptical scientific arguments regarding human impacts on climate based
on "good sound science," I have no clue...

You conveniently have ignored, or perhaps never bothered to study, the
recently posted to Vision2020 scientific work on human impacts on climate,
from MIT, which indicates more profound probable increases in temperature
from human impacts, than *the average of the studies* I referenced from
Barton Paul Levenson.

I posted information on this MIT study again today...

You might take the work seriously... On the other hand...
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

On 6/21/10, Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  The link you posted on climate sensitivity shows values that are all over
> the board, from 0.26 to 5.5 Kelvins.  There doesn't seem to be a trend that
> shows them converging on a final number, either.  Since 2000, the range is
> 0.75 to 4.5 Kelvin.

The list of studies of climate sensitivity I posted