[Vision2020] Facebook

Reggie Holmquist reggieholmquist at u.boisestate.edu
Sat Jul 24 15:55:47 PDT 2010

To be clear, I am not in any way advocating a "switch" or a "conversion" to
fb.  What I am saying is that we have a vibrant Moscow political community
engaging on Facebook.  We should do both.  We should engage here *and* we
should engage on facebook.  I hear interesting things here and interesting
viewpoints and I would like more people to hear them.

Personally, I tend to post things on facebook, and do not intend to repost
here.  But, as a member of this listserv, I will remain a part of the
discussion here.  I just think it would be nice if we (us.  the common
elements that make us up.  Liberals.) were all friends on facebook as well.
 It can only enhance the conversation.  It cannot subtract from it because
we are not "switching" or "converting" to facebook.  We are only adding
facebook.  My request is not a threat to this message board.  It is a way
for it to thrive even moreso.

Janesta, you can remove that spammer from your list by either deleting him
as a "friend" or just "hiding" him from your newsfeed.  If you have any
problems, just contact me and I'll walk you through it.

I view the users here as vital to the political conversation that we are
having on facebook.  If we all grow our friend lists so that there are a lot
of politically active moscow liberals on them we can make an impact by
spreading the news about Gresham Bouma and letting everyone know that there
is an alternative and that we need to do things like canvas and volunteer if
we don't want a nutbag crazy insane teabagger (I know.  He's a nice guy to
talk to. That  doesn't make his ideas any less insane, though) to represent
us in the state legislature.

Disclosure:  I am in no way affiliated with any campaign.  I am a concerned
citizen slash volunteer.

-Reggie