[Vision2020] 2010 Census

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Jan 22 13:29:18 PST 2010

Here's the problem:

Some of us on the mountain have security devices intended to detect trespassers, and the after dark measures designed to discourage them may be quite draconian.  Because of certain incidents, anyone trespassing in our neighborhood after dark is not likely to appreciate the attention they will receive from many of my neighbors.

I will be glad to do my census duty, and I am not anti-federal government, I just do not want to have trespassers, and then have to deal with the consequences.  Let the census taker (or anyone else) call for permission first, and then set a time for a visit.

Not all Boundary County residents (or former residents) or even most are rightwing psychopaths.  But we do believe in privacy and the right to secure our homes from unwanted threats and pests.  I lived one mile from the Canadian border as a child.  We, and almost all our neighbors, fired at border jumpers trying to steal vehicles, etc on more than one occasion.

W.