[Vision2020] El Nino Dry Northwest Winter Predictions Holding True

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:03:04 PST 2010

I'm curious about a couple of things.  I've heard several comments
that the "magic number" is 2 degrees - the ceiling at which we want to
keep the "average" global temperature from rising.  Assuming for a
moment we can know what an average global temperature is at any point
in time, and what the "majic number" is, does anyone have the
slightest idea what the concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane,
water vapor and any other components (some yet undiscovered?!?!?) of
greenhouse gases needs to be to raise or maintain an average
temperature?  Is the ratio of these components critical?  What happens
if we are so hugely successful in reducing emissions that the pendulum
swings the other way?  How can we control that?  I'm all for emission
reduction and waste management just on common sense grounds, but to
set an artificial target and think we can hit it much less maintain
it?  Seriously??

GS