[Vision2020] El Nino Dry Northwest Winter Predictions Holding True

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Jan 7 14:08:55 PST 2010

Two things to comment on Swami Ted's post:

1. While the lack of snowpack is a detriment to our water issues and could
create a more hazardous fire season, I personally relish the though of an
"open" winter after the last two, and historically that's how it's been (we
seem to run on almost 20 year cycles - see the 114 years of snowfall data at
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMONtsnf.pl?id6152), because that means
we'll either have more money for projects in the summer or 'banked' for the
tough years (we haven't really created that account yet - I'm wearing my
city council hat now)

2. Winter isn't over yet.

DC