[Vision2020] Douglas Wilson steps on his member again

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Feb 12 10:44:09 PST 2010

Tom, et al,

The comment about Christ Church Cultmaster Wilson's failure to see the inherent contradiction between his reported statements in the DN article is only part of the stunning revelation inherent in these comments.

Just in the article itself his apodictics are contradictory:

"Wilson said morality cannot evolve over time."

"Wilson said there are good and bad things in the Bible. He said there are certain things that are wrong now, but used to be good back in time."

But, worst yet, and most revealing of the schizophrenic nature of his "Reformed Theology" is the outright contradiction with the fundamental pillar of his alleged faith as found in the Community Evangelical Fellowship Statement of Faith as stated in a previous version of Credenda Agenda.

Contrast:

"Wilson said there are good and bad things in the Bible. He said there are certain things that are wrong now, but used to be good back in time."

from the news article with the following from Credenda:

"We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant Word of God. It is our only ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice."

Even Wilson's faithful, running dog, locksmith should be able to see the contradiction here, even if only peeking through a keyhole.

When you add the following from the same source, then the inconsistency and patent absurdity of the whole of these assertions become apparent.

"We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, that is, He is all-powerful. He is omnipresent, that is, He is present throughout all Creation but not limited by it. He is omniscient, that is, nothing is hidden from His sight."

Douglas Wilson is an intelligent person.  So why does he insist upon and utter such obviously ridiculous, contradictory tripe?

In my opinion, Wilson's genius lies in his ability as a creative con artist.  He is a flimflamer using religion as his hook.  In my opinion, Wilson is too intelligent to believe almost all of his so-called theological pronouncements.

Perhaps a few local cult members are beginning to catch on after seeing all the money sucked out of them, it appears that cult attendance is down and discipline is slipping.  Immigration of the foolish into Moscow for the sake of joining the cult seems to have greatly retarded.

Some cult members in the recent past have mortgaged their homes to contribute to the cult operation or so-called investments; some of these unfortunates may even lose them now (or already have).  Certainly money given to Wilson to enhance his opulent lifestyle and to enable him to expand his operations for egomaniacal, megalomaniacal, and financial gain could have been much more gainfully spent on their own families and for the community good.

It wasn't Wilson who said this, but it could very well have been:  "There's one born every minute."

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843