[Vision2020] Installment 7 - Teaching by example

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Dec 22 10:39:57 PST 2010

Jeff
I would add" Never be afraid to admit you don't know some thing" to your list.
When I was in the feed business, I found salesmen who did not want to admit they did not know something and would blow smoke instead. I told my salesmen that if they did not have the answer to a question, say so and that they would get the answer and get back to them. If you blow smoke people will figure it out and not believe anything you say. If you readily admit you do not have the answer to something people are much more likely to believe you when you give them valid information.  The same goes for making a mistake. correct it as soon as possible and say up front that you were mistaken.

Roger