[Vision2020] Crusaders vs. Infidels: Moscow's Muscular Christianity

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 18:11:24 PST 2010

>OK this is my last post on this but let me just comment on one snowflake

>from Darrell's last blizzard.

Looks like something we can agree on.

>It would follow that any comment about any religious group or any religion

>would be SSDD. As well as comments about most political parties or political

>organizations or political issues. Pretty much most of the comments on the V

>would be SSDD since I have yet to see one person change another person's

>position when it comes to their core beliefs. Liberals are liberals, you're

>either for global warming or against it, and conservative Christians hate

>Muslims. No point discussing things since we all know what we all believe

>and nothing will ever change. And pay no attention to the man behind the

>curtain.

The above is simply an example of you attempting to make a point by
carrying it to an extreme.  None of those topics, or any other, get
near the coverage on V2020 that Christ Church does.  Too make an
analogy: V2020 is like a household water spigot for most topics.  It
is a fire hose for Christ Church topics.  I’d simply like to see the
fire hose turned down.

>Maybe you should just tell us what we can talk about, Darrell, and that

>would make it easier. I'm sure it's a short list.

I have never expressed any desire to do so.

>I'd like to deal with the rest of your post but it might be better if we

>just talked about it in the school yard and didn't bother the other

>folks. Or we could meet in the alley and I can throw you up against the wall

>and take your wallet, now that I know you're not threatened by remarks like

>these! Boy, I feel better already!

Again going to extremes to make your point, I see.  I’ll play along and
answer you.  While I may not like it, I do not find the NSA ad threatening.
I view it as advertising hyperbole.  Like you just did, they went to an
extreme to make a point.  On the other hand, if an individual honestly made
such a threat to me I would make different assumptions about it.  It would
be treated seriously.

Glad you are feeling better.