[Vision2020] Security Contract

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Wed Aug 18 10:44:05 PDT 2010

Wayne,

IF as I suspect, the  frats are in fact private property, just wait
for the first law suits against the university when their "agents",
Allied-Barton trespass on private property to do anything at the
frats. Even more embarrassing will be when the Moscow Police
Department has to come and arrest/remove an Allied-Barton security
guard from private property.

Unfortunately,  for more money, the University is going to get less
and many more problems in the near future.  For instance, just wait
till the contracts come up for another negotiation and the university
starts talking about
the need to economize. Do they really think the city is going to buy
that argument? Do they think the voters of Moscow are going to buy it?

WHEN are the powers-to-be on the hill going to realize that the
appearance of impropriety is just as bad as actual impropriety? First
we have what I consider "bait and switch" with the retirees, and now
this.  Once trust is lost,
it takes effort and money much more to get it back than it would have
to maintain  it in the first place.

Wayne