[Vision2020] Senate Bill 3217 - Restoring American Financial Stability

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 27 19:01:35 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 18:29:42 Tom Hansen wrote:
> Well . . . so much for holding Wall Street accountable.

Given the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling concerning corporate rights
to political speech and spending, it seems to me unlikely that, at
least until the national Constitution is amended to better define
political speech and campaign spending, Americans are going to enjoy
a political system and a federal administration anywhere near free
from special interest group influence and control.

Until we Americans develop collective brains and stomachs for better
federal financial control, we shall occupy our own self-made prisons
for debtors' profligacy and political penury. As interest rates rise
and more special interest candidates advance to incumbency, our
collective financial and misrepresentational pain shall increase.
Surely our collective interest is better served to address this
situation sooner rather than later.

Ken