[Vision2020] Say What?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Wed Sep 16 10:07:26 PDT 2009

Chuck,

Having lived and breathed the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan for the
last 7 years, I have to ask: If we just get the hell out, what about
the empty hole we leave?
BOTH Iraq and Afghanistan have been conducted as total disasters since
they started, but are we just going to abandon them? And even if we
agree that we should get the
hell out right now, what about the equipment?  Telling the soldiers to
pick up your rifle and get on the plane is easy, but what about all
the other detritus that we have over there?
And what about the mercenaries that we have employed in both
theaters?  Are we going to bring them out too? Don't forget that right
now in Afghanistan, we have more
mercenaries on the ground than soldiers.