[Vision2020] Local Media Celebrity

Selina Davis selinadavis at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 31 09:08:26 PDT 2009

Naw, I wasn't expecting a mutually respectful debate on the screen.  I meant a mutually respectful discussion among those of us in the audience afterward.  I'm familiar with Chris Hitchens' work and his persona as a conservative, boozy intellectual/writer given to throwing rhetorical bombs.   That's his charm.  It sounds like the film might be entertaining and fodder for good discussion, though.

I enjoyed the Newsweek religion editor's take on it ... but I expect that I will feel compelled to watch the movie anyway.  http://www.newsweek.com/id/219009

- Selina