[Vision2020] Happy 10th

Dave tiedye at turbonet.com
Mon Nov 30 14:30:56 PST 2009

This is the tenth anniversary of when I found out for sure that the
first amendment of the Constitution was dead.  i.e. when the government
used toxic chemical and percussive weapons on me for exercising my
rights of free speech and to assemble.

This picture is a clip of stock footage used by Democracy Now! this
morning which I highly recommend that people see.  Actually people
really need to see and understand the very good Greg Palast segment that
precedes the WTO one to understand why we were there.

Anyway, I am in the bottom left of this shot, and I am about to witness
the officer (with the arrow conveniently pointed at him) shoot a woman
(in yellow) at point blank range with a percussive grenade launcher.
This is a crowd control weapon which is "supposed" to be fired over
peoples heads.

Later, after we were brutally forced off of OUR street (I got peppered
by rubber bullets, which I tell you hurt like the dickens! They left
welts that lasted for weeks.), I heard a cry for help, someone needed
water.  Turns out it was a friend of mine from Moscow, and she was
providing assistance to the same woman.  The victim was fairly dazed and
probably had a concussion, we later turned her over to a first aid
patrol.  I hope to someday re-meet this woman, she would be easy to
recognize with a star shaped scar on her forehead and all.

Oh yeah, and I guess it is also now illegal to enter Canada if you MIGHT
be going to say anything bad about the Olympics (first segment).

Dave

--
Windows, OSX, or Linux is the same choice as:
McDonalds, Burger King, or a (real) Co-Op.