[Vision2020] Poor UCLA

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Sat Nov 14 11:42:32 PST 2009

Having to come the awful Palouse for a football game in Pullman....quotes from a Bruin player...He didn't mention the stagecoach trip from Spokane and only being fed hardtack and water while here.......
PULLMAN — There's no doubt the UCLA Bruins don't like coming to the Palouse.

"I don't like that place," senior linebacker Reggie Carter told the
Los Angeles Times this week. "It is the worst trip. There is nothing
there. It is 1 ½ hours from the airport. It's cold and even the hotel
is bad. Everything is rough out there, man.

"You have to be a strong person to go there. Hopefully we'll go there, get the victory and run home as fast as we can."

The Bruins (4-5 overall, 1-5 in the Pac-10) haven't taken many
victories home from Pullman recently, as Washington State has won five
of the past six between the schools at Martin Stadium.