[Vision2020] Radio Australia: "All In The Mind" The Secret Life of Bacteria - Small, Smart and Thoughtful!

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:27:44 PST 2009

In this amazing discussion, which I accidentally listened to last night from
Radio Australia on short wave, it is suggested that "mind" was present in
early stages of evolution, in the behavior of bacteria... The definition of
what organisms manifest "intelligence" or "mind" are still open questions...
The audio of this discussion can be listened to from the website below:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/stories/2009/2734062.htm

>From website above:

We can't survive without them -- and we've long underestimated their
prowess. Controversially, bacteria could even have cognitive talents that
rival our own. Predatory behaviour, cooperation, memory -- Jules Verne eat
your heart out -- Natasha Mitchell takes you on a strange adventure into the
secret world of microbial mentality.

Show Transcript<http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/stories/2009/2734062.htm#>
* | *Hide Transcript<http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/stories/2009/2734062.htm#>

*Dr Pamela Lyon*