[Vision2020] Vision2020 Digest, Vol 41, Issue 53

Chuck Kovis ckovis at turbonet.com
Thu Nov 5 15:37:17 PST 2009

Donald,  don't let emotion cloud your judgment.  If you don't like the punishment for the various degrees of crime, then go to your legislator and have the law changed.

As far as a drunken driver killing someone, there is, without looking it up, vehicular manslaughter, (15 years in the pen),  there is no such thing as "voluntary murder."  Again, without looking it up, murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.  Voluntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.  Dictionaries only go so far in a courtroom.  At some point, the legal definition as written by the  legislature controls, not the dictionary.

Also,  your naivete is expressed in your quote:

    "Maybe we should all carry guns around in case we have a small dispute to settle and are          too weak to use our fist or take a hit."

Believe me, you would be extremely surprised how many people in this country nowdays carry guns around in case he/she has a small dispute to settle and are too weak to use the fist or take a hit.  It's best to  not act on any kind of rage nowadays.

Chuck Kovis