[Vision2020] Just Curious

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Nov 3 10:47:52 PST 2009

Aside from trivial mistakes in your last post(e.g. Kimberling forwarded an email from someone -- look at his post, it is not a forward but an original email, etc.), here are the problems:

Who wrote the original statement of retraction?  If Weber wrote it as claimed by Kimberling, the what how did he write it?  By hand, on a typewriter, on a computer.  If the latter, why didn't he just email himself to you and Kimberling?

I raised this question originally because I have seen some of Weber's solo attempts at written communication.  Being as charitable as possible, I'd say that solo, unedited, written communication is far from Weber's forte and the statement of retraction beyond his ken without help.  I suspect that Kathy Weber composed the statement of retraction possibly with some salutary participation from Weber himself.

Why didn't the Weber campaign communicate directly with the 600+ members of V2020 about this and the issue of his false resume on the city website?

The campaign has an email address info at weber-mayor.com  It would a simple matter of less than a minute to join that address to V2020 and to respond directly to the list.

I think the answer is arrogance, ignorance, and fear.

 Arrogance, because I don't think Weber gives a rat's ass about what those active on V2020 think.  Ignorance, because he is almost totally computer illiterate -- an inexcusable state for any modern public official.  Fear, because there is no credible answer to his continued false resume on the city website, and to admit such a continuing error is to admit to a significant moral laxity.

There are several more issues about Weber's honesty and/or ineptitude just considering his last handout (in the DN) that have yet to be raised.  Although it will be too late to address them before the election, my curiosity has been so piqued that I will in time do the necessary research and investigation about some of these.