[Vision2020] Obama to Name Sotomayor as Supreme Court Pick

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 29 11:49:02 PDT 2009

Roger Falen stated:

"Most of Sotomeyer's decisions have been overturned by higher courts."

Roger, Roger, Roger . . .

Courtesy of FactCheck at:

http://tinyurl.com/kpmktx

---------------------------

"Of the majority opinions that Judge Sonia Sotomayor has authored since
becoming an appellate judge in 1998, three of them have been overturned by
the Supreme Court.

Our search for appellate opinions by Sotomayor on the LexisNexis database
returned 232 cases. That's a reversal rate of 1.3 percent.

But only five of her decisions have been reviewed by the justices. Using
five as a denominator, the rate comes out to 60 percent.

We have contacted Rush Limbaugh to ask how he came up with the figure he
used recently when he said, "She has been overturned 80 percent by the
Supreme Court." We'll update this item if we receive a response. In the
week before President Barack Obama announced that he would nominate
Sotomayor, the conservative Judicial Confirmation Network ran an Internet
ad saying she had a "100 percent reversal rate," which is false. (We asked
that group for back-up material, which a spokesman agreed to give us but
which we never received; since Obama's announcement, the group has taken
the ad down.)"

Care to share your sources with ut, Roger?

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown