[Vision2020] And From Moscow We Have . . .

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue May 26 17:48:27 PDT 2009

I think people sometimes borrow cars.  I think any one of those people who borrowed the car could have placed that baggy there.  Your assumptions should not be enough for a prosecution.

Let's say the last owner knows who put it there; let's say he knows his brother or girlfriend put it there.  You really want him to rat them out?

I sure as hell don't. But isn't that the logic of the 'War on Drugs?'

If the car was bought from a used car dealer, a number of people at the dealership would have access to keys, and any of those people could have placed the baggy there.  And any number of people with access to the car when the prior owner had it could have placed it there.

And none of this would lead anyone to a dealer, unless someone who was being prosecuted gave up a name.  And that could be the person who actually sold it, or just a convenient person to blame.

Sunil