[Vision2020] Rights, privileges and licenses

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 14:14:09 PDT 2009

You also have to register vote, that is a right. Maybe we can vote early and vote often if we don't have to register something because it is our right?

We have to have licensing for guns, so that when we find someone with a bullet in them police can figure out who fired the shot and stop them from putting bullets in other people.

Yes, it does allow the government to know who owns what gun, but it isn't a right that nobody knows what kinds of guns or how many guns you have, just your right to have a gun. Just like when you vote, I can look and see if you voted or not, but I cannot see who you voted for.

But I also must say, that I don't think it is the right of everyone to individually own a gun. Only people that are mentally and physically fit enough to own and operate a gun, and have trained in its proper use, should be allowed to have one. Also, no felons should ever own a gun.