[Vision2020] Idaho Holds On to Beat Drake

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 19 11:06:26 PDT 2009

Hi Tom,

I thought there was a connection between these two Hopsonses!  I remember
enjoying the terrific combination of point guard Brian Kellerman and Phil
Hopson, who did the first alley hoops (?) that I had experienced.  I'm not sure
if I got that phrase right, but it's when a player passes the ball inside and
high so that a forward or center can tip it in.  It's quite common today, but
back in 1982 in backwoods Moscow, it was absolutely thrilling.

Let me just point out that Monson's great team went all the way to the NCAA
without any subsidy from the state.

Nick