[Vision2020] RCMP Urged to Bar Bush From Canada

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Mar 14 12:14:08 PDT 2009

Why hold this meeting in Calgary, Alberta? Two reasons.

One. Stephen Harper, the P.M. (Prime Minister) of Canada, leader of
the Conservative Party, is the M.P. (Member of Parliament) from
Calgary. (All members of the government, including the Cabinet, have
to be elected members of Parliament.)

Two. For many generations the oil industry in Alberta has been
heavily populated by immigrants from Texas and Oklahoma. There are
now so many southern Baptists in Alberta that they have a S.B.
Seminary in Cochrane, 25 miles west of Calgary on the Old Banff
Trail. American-style fundamentalism is very strong in Alberta and
spills over into British Columbia as well. I survived seven years of
it in Calgary and Edmonton.

Ralph