[Vision2020] Public Smoking

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Sun Jun 21 08:36:31 PDT 2009

Kai,

I have a feeling that nothing we can say, or even try to enter into a
discussion where alternatives, will please the "Regulators"!

They will find all sorts of "straw men" to throw out, like the service
persons having to come in (they aren't forced to fix equipment by the
way), and I love the insurance argument!  How many waiters and waitresses
even get insurance?

There are many dangers in every occupation, and they have a CHOICE. What
the "Regulators" are really annoyed about is that they can't control
everything (yet) so they will chip away and chip away. Hell, they aren't
happy with the state law allowing exceptions to the "Idaho Clean Air Act",
so they will chip away where and when they can.

Mostly, I vote with my wallet on these issues. (And I vote at the poles
during elections) IF a place bothers me, I don't go there. The
"Regulators" aren't happy with that choice. Rather than not go to an
establishment where the smoking is allowed under State Law, they want the
establishment to change via imposed legislation from the city council.