[Vision2020] Public Smoking

Mike Deleve coolerfixer at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 20 22:33:32 PDT 2009

As usual, the dismissive attitude of "well, you don't have to work there if you don't like the smoke"  is a straw man. As a commercial refrigeration mechanic, I'm exposed to all sorts of unpleasant situations. The problem is though, it's not just me, there are many, many people that do all sorts of deliveries and services for these places. I would venture to guess that any one of the service providers would be terminated for refusing to enter a smoking establishment. So, it's not just the waitstaff that are exposed to the secondhand smoke. I have met many folks who are non-smokers and are in the situation of accepting the smoky working conditions or having no job at all. It's not quite so "simple" as Kai would like it to be.

Mike DeLeve'