[Vision2020] Public smoking

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jun 20 06:31:04 PDT 2009

Exactly, Ellen.

Although I have not seen a hard-copy written Idaho statute or Moscow city
code, I believe there to be an "unofficial" banning of smoking in
restaurants.

I thoroughly browsed the Idaho statutes, the Idaho Department of Public
Safety website, and anything having anything to do with "tobacco" or
"smoking".  The only item I could find was an Idaho statute banning
smoking during public meetings.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH59SECT18-5904.htm

I remember back in 1991, when I was attending North Idaho College in Coeur
d'Alene, a law had been passed banning smoking in state buildings.  Some
friends and I decided to hold a "Smoke In" at the NIC Student Union
Building.  We were ignored, with the exception of the local media.

Is anybody aware of any other laws on the book?

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown