[Vision2020] NYTimes: The Big Hate

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 16 05:45:23 PDT 2009

Bear stated:

"I even think that  "Those who hold those beliefs perpetuate
bigotry, ignorance, and not infrequently, hateful behavior." have a right
to be heard!  I'm NOT "giving tacit support to holocaust deniers and
defenders of slavery" as you stated, but I believe they have a right to be
heard, no matter how wacky their ideas are."

Yes.  I agree.  People have a right to their opinion.

However, they MUST be held accountable and brought to the proverbial
"light" when they choose to preach their racial and cultural prejudices as
fact in a classroom or from the pulpit, whether it is from Tehran, Iran or
Moscow, Idaho.

For instance:  "Is Barack Obama a Muslim?" and statements like "Some of
the Christians in Boise are being persecuted by the Muslims, and they're
scared."

This question and statement was presented at the 2008 Candidates' Forum at
the Nuart Theatre by a college-aged person in the audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvkg42Aw9c8

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown