[Vision2020] NYTimes: The Big Hate

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:34:17 PDT 2009

This is precisely why I'm disagreeing with Paul. Folks like you have
got him convinced that the NY Times is as bad as Fox News. What a joke!

And I'm not sure what is wrong with the quotes below. In fact by
making the claim that "the NY Times does it too" -- your favorite form
of "criticism" -- you are agreeing with the very claims you quote;
you're just extending the criticism (without evidence) to other news
organizations.

Of course, how else are you going to get someone to believe that
slavery wasn't so bad -- which is one fringe claim you defended -- or
that the holocaust never happened etc. unless you poison the well?
Which brings us back to my original point.

Here are two things you could do to make your point. Otherwise it is
just a bunch of unsupported rhetoric and you'll have proven my point.

First, you can come up with explicit examples in which the NY Times
shows bias, like the ones about Fox News noted in the article. Don't
just say they are biased give examples of bias like the ones noted
below.

Second, you can explain to me what the difference is between Wilson's
revisionism about US slavery -- which you've defended often -- and the
denial of the holocaust, other than degree? How are they both not
offensive, radical viewpoints lacking any rational support whatsoever?
You defended the one; what could keep you from defending the other?

Joe Campbell