[Vision2020] "Please do not continue to confuse people with facts."

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Jul 27 06:17:16 PDT 2009

Tom,

Not to mention, that a cigarette takes about 5 minutes to smoke! So,
by the time a police car gets to the scene, the smoker will probably
be done smoking!
Can you see the police now wading into John's Alley looking for the
alleged perpetrator?  What about witnesses? I can hear it now, "You
look like you might have been outside within
20 feet of the door smoking!".........................

Stupid laws make for stupid enforcement, which just causes contempt
for the law. And notice, from they way they have been talking, IF you
don't contest the ticket and REQUIRE proof
that you're guilty of what you're accused of, the fine is less? So we
have a double standard, IF you make the city PROVE it's case in court,
your fine is more than if you just roll over and
pay the ticket!  At the risk of a higher fine, I just hope that most
of the folks that get the tickets DO ask for a trial! We are now
talking in the theoretical sense, but the hue and cry when they start
ticketing unsuspecting college students when they get back to the bars
next
month will really endear the city to students, not to mention their
own UofI Senators, because "ALL the students are so in