[Vision2020] Fw: [Spam 5.86] BE OUTSIDE!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 15:12:33 PST 2009

Roger,

I disagree that the government cannot impose rules on organizations within its boarders, especially ones that deal with children, for three major reasons.

First, it is an organization that is tax exempt and uses taxpayer dollars. It is unfair to force people to pay for an organization that discriminates against them and/or their children.

Second, young men are very impressionable and are often times struggling with their sexual identities. Teaching children they are lesser persons because of their sexual feelings can lead to depression, mental illness, and even suicide.

Finally, it teaches young men that discrimination against homosexuals is alright. This is going to make it difficult for them to get along with others in the work place, social settings, and it is going to make the lives of men and women that have to work with them more difficult.

If this was an organization of adults, I might agree with you Roger, provided we took away all tax support. But we are dealing with children and teens, and that changes the rules as to what society can allow and not allow to happen to the children that are included and excluded from societal norms and the reasons why they are excluded and included.

Best Regards,

Donovan