[Vision2020] Costs for UI Email/Lawsuit

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:39:34 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 22:04, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are computers on campus that are not owned by students. But they are
> maintained by ASUI dollars. The Internet systems, the equipment, the power,
> and even the people that hook them up are paid for by ASUI dollars.

Each department, and ultimately each college, pays for their own
computers, and for maintenance on those machines.  Some of the
departments order their own machines, and have in-house tech support.
However, most buy their machines through ITS, and then contract
maintenance through ITS.  The machines purchased and the maintenance
performed -- including hooking them up -- are billed by ITS directly
to the relevant department.

This isn't hearsay.  I was until quite recently an ITS employee who
ordered, billed, assembled, configured, installed, and maintained
systems for departments all over campus.  ASUI had nothing to do with
it.

Chas